‘Your long-term employment aims are at the heart of what we do’
Our client is an ACCA Platinum Approved Training Accountancy Practice based in Stanway, Colchester. They offer a wide range of services to their clients and like to take on passionate individuals to join their team consisting of a mixture of trainee and senior staff. If you are a practice experienced Accounts Assistant looking to step up into a semi senior role, supporting the development of trainee staff, then this role is perfect for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right individual to join the practice as an Accounts Assistant. This role is ideal for a driven Accounts Assistant (with practice experience) who wants to join a company where hard work is appreciated and opportunity to develop is offered.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Accounts preparation for Limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
- Broad range of business types and sizes (£20k to £5 Million turnover)
- Some basic tax compliance work
- Will also be assisting with some supervising and training of junior members of staff
- Occasional visits to clients to assist with bookkeeping / VAT etc
- Candidate expected to be able to complete draft accounts and full working papers file ready for Senior manager / partner review
- Reporting to managers and partner at Colchester Office
- Some basic company secretarial work
- Using Iris Software for Tax and accounts production
- Understanding and communicating Sage to clients
- A keen team-player willing to take on additional duties
- Minimum 3 to 4 years’ experience in an Accountancy Practice is essential
- Basic knowledge of Sage would be ideal
- ACCA or relevant industry qualifications would be beneficial
£23-28k Basic Salary (DOE) Negotiable | 7 ½ Hour Day Flexible (Core Hours 9-4) | Colchester| Accountancy Practice | Practice Experience Essential | Supervising Juniors | Supporting Senior Staff | Client Account Preparation | Great Culture, Family Team, Support Local Charities | Excellent Training & Support
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our upmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.