‘Your long-term career aims are at the heart of what we do’ – Lighthouse Personnel Ltd
Our client is a manufacturer and supplier of temporary medical healthcare units who are passionate about their high-quality service. They specialise in their field and believe that hiring the right people is key to their business. The company, who are based in Manningtree, are looking for a like-minded individual to join their team as a Maintenance Manager.
The post holder will provide high-quality leadership for work allocation and prioritisation within a specialist maintenance yard environment, yard stock and management of consumables.
The individual will be responsible for ensuring all work dockets for maintenance activity are completed and to monitor and manage the performance of staff and contractors when delivering these objectives ensuring that all work on all dockets is completed and signed off. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that the Vision system accurately records hours, activity and completion of all work on all Units.
The individual will liaise closely with internal and external contacts to ensure that the portable medical units are fit for purpose according to the required timeframes and that any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
This post requires a very high level of organisation, forward-thinking and planning to ensure that staff levels for workflow are appropriate, work activity is completed on time and projects are efficiently run and delivered.
The post holder will manage the workflow and performance of the Lead Engineer, including personal development, training and progression.
- Coordinate and lead in all yard focused maintenance activities, taking into consideration schedules and planned unit movements and changes.
- Ensure that all work dockets raised for all units are managed, monitored, quality checked and completed, and a regular performance report is compiled.
- Regular report writing to monitor and inform performance and business improvement.
- Regular monitoring and reporting of KPIs, including suggesting new ways to manage, monitor and report performance.
- Coordinate and execute general maintenance activities both at depot and on host hospital premises, end to end, ensuring that contractors are managed and the work is signed off once complete, including recording time taken for completion and whether this is by company or contactor staff.
- Work closely with the Business Support Team to ensure that all activities carried out that overlap between the post and the BST team are supported and coordinated.
- Liaise as required with technical maintenance contractors to manage the performance of the contract and to address any performance issues within service level agreements with the organisations.
- Liaising with internal contacts and external suppliers to ensure part availability and stock levels of consumables, as required. Maintain accurate and thorough records of all stock, lead times for obtaining parts, Vision records and yard/unit requirements for parts. Ensure that stores are tidy, secure, safe and accessible for maintenance activities.
- Ensure that Vision stock records match actual yard stock levels at all times, and manage expectations of clinical staff about availability and lead times for stock management purposes.
- Co-operation and support for the Technical Team as they manage the delivery of units and management of contracts.
- Chair a research and development and technical committee to cover and deliver new options for units, Business innovation and technology, Operational improvements, Legislative changes (HTM’s & Regulations etc.) Foreign requirements for units and general business improvement.
- Highly experienced in leading and managing teams.
- Highly organised, pragmatic and creative in developing solutions to problems.
- Experience in a similar environment managing assets, both fixed and portable.
- Proven background in maintenance and development of infrastructure and facilities.
- Experience in managing stock and maintenance of high value assets in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Able to highly motivate and lead teams from various locations and prioritise workloads as required.
- IT literate, with ability to effectively work using MS Office and similar packages.
- High quality report writing and KPI management skillset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to adapt approach to suit audience.
- Must be comfortable and confident in a dynamic, solution-based environment.
- Must be able to lead a team but equally take individual accountability and ownership as required to achieve a high-quality end result.
- Must be able to think creatively and develop solutions to problems at short notice.
- Proven excellent level of numeracy and literacy skills.
- CAD knowledge would be beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations relevant to the transport/logistics industry
- Project Management qualifications are desirable
- Must hold a Full driving licence
- Hold a valid passport (or willing to obtain)
- To complete any other duties as requested by the Director of Operational Solutions
£43K – £45K p.a (DOE) | 37.5 hour week (flexibility) | Driving Licence | CAD knowledge (beneficial) | Leadership | Growing Business | Hardworking | Adaptable | Experienced
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our upmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.