‘Your long-term employment aims are at the heart of what we do’
Our Client is a company full of passion, enthusiasm, brains, hard work, and ambitious individuals. They specialize in providing Managed Services in Digital Transformation and want their team members to enjoy working there, wanting their clients to have a great experience every time they work together. They are looking for a likeminded individual to join their team as a Project Manager being the link between the UK and Sri Lanka teams.
The successful candidate will predominantly be in the Ipswich area, although the post holder may well be required to work at different locations in the UK from time to time (occasional international travel may also be required as the role develops). The Project Manager will be an internal link between clients and the technical teams of our clients.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Manage distributed teams globally (UK, Srilanka).
- Leading and guiding the team on using Agile/Scrum framework and continuously identifying process improvements.
- Identifying any roadblocks and risks with the team, and actively working to remove or eliminate both, with escalation done as required.
- Supporting the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining product backlog and user stories.
- Work with client’s account managers to ensure that the feedback is managed through the product owner.
- Manage customer expectations and drive project teams towards successful delivery.
- Organize and facilitate project related meetings such as sprint planning, sprint review, daily stand ups, delivery reviews and retrospectives
- Guiding project team members in organizing their work, making presentations, setting priorities, handling conflicting demands, making decisions etc.
- Resolving conflicts among members of projects and coaching them.
- Assisting product owners to strike a balance between product features vs. product quality by providing required information.
- Continuous learning on project management and scrum methodology and share the new learning with project stakeholders.
- Analyze burn down charts on a daily basis and prevent task slippage.
- Review stories for the sprint and ensure sufficient effort is provisioned for non-functional, infrastructure and defect fixes.
- Ensure that the teams and projects are managed under an established governance and process.
- Manage changes and feedback outside of sprint. (i.e. any feedback or change request received during sprint execution or after sprint review should go to backlog. Backlog to be reviewed and re-prioritized.
- Escalate customer concerns in a timely manner to Mitra leadership.
- Educate team on product vision, road map, main releases.
- Support product owners on maintaining product backlog and user stories.
- Create billing sheets at the end of the month for invoices
- Maintain project profitability indexes within the planned project margins
- Ensure daily time logs against product. Weekly review of time entries of the team and notify finance for any deviation.
- Checking all the models the team uses (e.g. Sprint backlog, metrics, etc.) and show them differences between the model and the real world.
- Helping the team to keep focus (e.g. by acting as a buffer between external distractions and the team).
- Helping team members to have a manageable workload; prevent burnouts.
- Flexibility to travel to Sri Lanka on request and other client sites as deemed required.
- Bachelor degree in computing/IT or business management.
- Prior experience in handling distributed teams in multicultural environments.
- Prior experience in managing projects in a product organization.
- Prior experience in handling large scale projects/ multinational teams would be a definite advantage.
- 5-10 years’ experience in project management.
- Sound knowledge on Agile/Scrum framework.
- Professional qualifications preferably Prince2, PMP, or CSM.
- Ability to understand the requirements of different business domains and technicalities of software engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different project stakeholders.
Negotiable DOE (Highly Competitive) | 35 Hours per Mon-Fri (some flexibility) | Martlesham, Ipswich | Excellent Company Culture, Great Benefits, Family-Feel Business | Experience, Dynamic IT Project Manager
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our upmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.
If you are interested in the role and have further questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01206 984042 to speak to one of our team members confidentially.